A NOTE FROM YEM
The YEM Theatre School has been established since 1987 and has an outstanding reputation for the performing arts. ‘YEM Stars’ the agency has been set up to showcase our talented students.
We would like to extend an invitation to our talented youngsters to join our books .We will make it our duty to contact casting directors and producers on your behalf and get you as many auditions as we can. Some will be for experience alone which might be unpaid or covering expenses only; however, we aim to find you paid opportunities and valid experience in the industry.
As an agency we will receive breakdowns (which are audition notices) giving us the exact information of ability, talents, physical type, height restrictions and character description needed. After our submissions are made, you may be invited to audition. A slot will be scheduled which may run during school time but where possible, we will schedule these for after school hours. Pupils may be accompanied by a parent to the casting, although we are currently looking for chaperones to work with us. If you would be interested in becoming a chaperone and you think this that it may be of interest to you, please do contact us. Pupils should bring train fares when travelling by train and the chaperone should also be reimbursed out of pocket travel expenses.
Depending on the work, we may have to apply for a license from the local LEA for you to work, in which case we may need a copy of your birth certificate, passport sized photos, a school letter from your Head Teacher stating that they are happy for the child to participate, a Doctors letter, and details for a part two of the license application. The rest of the application will be taken care of by us.
· You must be over the age of four years old (Five years plus)
· You will need to be a current member of The YEM Theatre School with very good class attendance
· You will need to be fully contactable by phone and email to receive auditions and castings; replying with your availability by a set time
· You will need to be currently taking lessons in YEM ballet, YEM jazz as well as a YEM weekend workshop class for a triple-threat performer (tap, street, musical theatre. Group Three and up - drama)
· We further recommend a second drama class and private singing lessons to help prepare for any audition songs and or monologues/scripts to be learnt. We can also set up private lessons and casting workshops should you need it.
· Please ensure all casting information is accurate including height, playing age etc and that photographs are updated each year.
· If asked to start a license please do this at speed! Doctors may take a few days to produce a letter needed for licensing and this will be crucial to an offer.
· If and when you get cast as a role/part you will need to behave in a professional manner, as you will be representing the school. Anyone who does not represent the school in a professional manner will be dropped from the agency books immediately.
· Please ensure that you are correctly prepared for auditions. If you are issued with a script you are expected to learn it.
· You and your parents will need to be fully committed to travelling on short notice to auditions and castings.
· You will need to be confident, and keep calm in audition situations. It won’t matter if your teachers’ know how good you are in class; you need to show this in the audition, as this is all casting directors will see.
· Being early to an audition, casting or job will never be an issue; however poor time keeping will be and will be the main reason an agency loses work. Always leave enough time for those unexpected traffic jams, transport delays or weather issues.
· Once you sign up with ‘YEM Stars’ you will be on their books for one year with the option to renew.
· Children who look young for their age have an advantage, as directors prefer to work with children who look young but behave with maturity.
· If your appearance, contact details or anything else regarding work and the agency changes you must notify ‘YEM Stars’ straight away.
· Please be philosophical and realistic as we can’t guarantee work! The casting experience should be positive and is valuable training for life.
YEM Stars PACKAGES:
The YEM Stars Basic Package is £49.95
You will be given a photo shoot with our resident photographer. Your head shots will be put forward for auditions to gain experience for unpaid or expenses only work. You will receive digital copies of all photos and one hard copy of your main photo. These will appear on our agency page on the website. We recommend getting more head shots if your appearance changes substantially.
Once you have paid the package fee, it will not need to be paid again if you decide to renew your membership and if we wish to keep you on the books.
The YEM Stars Spotlight Package is £145.95
The Spotlight package includes a profile with top casting website Spotlight. You will be given a photo shoot with our resident photographer. Your head shots will be put forward for auditions to gain experience for unpaid or expenses only work and PAID work. You will receive digital copies of all photos and one hard copy of your main photo. These will appear on our agency page on the website. We recommend getting more head shots if your appearance changes substantially.
This package has a higher chance of getting work because you will have a full professional Spotlight profile, plus appear in their iconic books. Your online profile will be seen by hundreds of industry professionals daily. Spotlight receives in a typical week over 200 breakdowns and cast over 500 roles. As your agent we will get your job alerts and submit you for roles instantly. Access to Spotlight’s database is only available to vetted industry professionals. As your agent we can decide when it is appropriate to give out a viewing link to your page.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· For any paid work booked ‘YEM Stars’ will act as a representative between the company and yourself
· YEM will take 10% commission on all paid theatre work you have worked through us. YEM will take 15% commission on all commercial work you have worked through us.
· We require a 6 week window in writing if a child is leaving our Agency.
If you are still interested in being considered for our agency books please email Lucy (see contact us page for details)